- want to know your family history, but don’t have the time necessary to research it yourself?
- want your ancestors to be more than just names and dates?
- need help breaking through a brick wall?
- need affordable access to records in central Ohio repositories?
- need German or French documents translated accurately?
Let Marshallsay Historical Consulting help you build and share your family tree!
We realize that genealogy is more than just names with birth and death dates attached. These were people with jobs, and families, and, well… lives! Understanding the historical context of the times they lived will help you make more sense of the world they inhabited.
We specialize in Ohio, Maryland, England, and Germany. Services include:
- Researching ancestral lines
- Building multiple-name family trees
- Simple record lookups
- Family home or gravestone photographs (Central Ohio only)
- Attacking research problems (maiden names, common names, re-marriages, etc.)
- Video interviews/oral histories with living family members
- Document transcription
- Document translation (from German or French into English)
- Writing and editing family histories for preservation and sharing
All research is documented with complete source citations.
Owner Laura Marshallsay received her Masters degree in Historical Studies with a specialization in Public History from the University of Maryland Baltimore County in 2011. She has been doing genealogy for over 20 years.
Laura Marshallsay/Marshallsay Historical Consulting is a proud member of:
The Association of Professional Genealogists
The Ohio Genealogical Society
The Delaware County Genealogical Society
National Council for Public History
Oral History Association
Packages and gift certificates are available. Initial consultations are always free, so contact us to see how we can help you!
What’s your story? Let us help you tell it.