- want to know your family history, but don’t have the time necessary to research it yourself?
- want your ancestors to be more than just names and dates?
- need help breaking through a brick wall?
- need affordable access to records in southern England?
- need German documents translated accurately?
Let Marshallsay Historical Consulting help you build and share your family tree!
We realize that genealogy is more than just names with birth and death dates attached. These were people with jobs, and families, and, well… lives! Understanding the historical context of the times they lived will help you make more sense of the world they inhabited.
- Researching ancestral lines
- Building multiple-name family trees
- Simple record lookups
- Family home or gravestone photographs (Southwest England only)
- Attacking research problems (maiden names, common names, re-marriages, etc.)
- Video interviews/oral histories with living family members
- Document transcription
- Document translation (from German into English)
- Writing and editing family histories for preservation and sharing
All research is documented with complete source citations.
Owner Laura Marshallsay received her Masters degree in Historical Studies with a specialization in Public History from the University of Maryland Baltimore County in 2011. She has been doing genealogy for over 20 years.
Packages and gift certificates are available. Initial consultations are always free, so contact us to see how we can help you!